Senior Finance Manager: CA(SA)
Salary ZAR750000 - ZAR850000 per annum + performance bonus + share options
Consultant Taryn Stephen
Date posted 17 October 2016
An exciting new role for a Senior Finance Manager has become available within a recently established business unit of a leading Retail Bank. Reporting directly to the CFO of the business unit, this role is perfect for a finance professional that wishes to add value beyond standard financial reporting.
About the Senior Finance Manager role
The Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for establishing and maintaining financial and management procedures for the business. They will also be required to add value from a strategic business perspective, and challenge existing operations.
- Establishment, alignment and management of target and budget goals
- Ensuring effective control of costs for a range of functional areas to increase cost efficiency
- Make strategic recommendations reflecting operational and market aspects impacting finance
- Provision of proactive advice and solutions to relevant stakeholders for strategic decision making
- Ensure all financial practices conform to the Group’s legislative accounting practices and policies
- Maintenance of expert knowledge on relevant legislative amendments and industry best practices
- Responsible for the integrity of financial information to ensure the accuracy of financial results
- Develop and present Cash Operating Pricing Models and Balanced Scorecards for Finance and MIS departments
- Development of a service culture within the business unit
- Plan and manage performance, skills development, employment equity, talent and culture of the Finance department
Qualifications and experience required:
- CA (SA)
- Min 3 years post articles experience
- Operational experience is highly desirable
- Experience managing a small team (2 to 5 members)
- Preference will be given to EE candidates (African and Coloured)
If you meet the above requirements and would like to further your career in an environment that values it’s employees and rewards performance, please apply now!