Corporate Finance Principal
Salary ZAR1500000 - ZAR2000000 per annum + Market-related
Consultant Megan Prosser
Date posted 23 September 20192019-09-23 2019-11-22 financial-services Sandton Gauteng ZA 2196 ZAR 1500000 2000000 2000000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client, a privately-owned Financial services & Investments firm with several verticals including: Retail, Property, Energy & Corporate Finance Advisory, is seeking an experienced Corporate Finance Principal to join their advisory team, also acting in a Project Management/ supervisory capacity.
Travelling across Africa to track down a range of M&A, disposal and Capital Raising activities, you will act as the key "hunter" in identifying, originating, and delivering new deals within Africa, and as such, the role has a heavy element of new Business Development.
In this role, you will be supported by 1 - 2 Corporate Finance Associates who will focus on valuations, modelling & due diligence, while you focus on deal creation and negotiation as the chief Principal and deal-maker.
The business boasts Corporate Finance Advisory, Private Equity, and Propriety investment arms, and the company has a very strong presence in Africa including Kenya, Malawi, Lesotho, Mauritius and Swaziland, so a strong interest in/experience of the African market is a plus.
• Corporate Finance Advisory, Private Equity or Portfolio Management experience required
• Experience gained within a boutique Corporate Finance Advisory firm preferred
• Investment Banking background also desirable
• In-house M&A experience could also be considered
• CA(SA) preferred (not a deal-breaker)
• Chartered Attorneys and CFA holders are also a good match, providing they have the relevant experience in Corporate Finance activities (M&A, disposals, or other types of capital raising)
Candidates should be:
• A highly effective Business-person, with a strong track record of deal-origination
• Exceptional business-development skills
• Have a strong existing network within Africa, within a range of businesses
• Have delivered deals from end-to-end, i.e. from origination, to scoping, to pricing, through full advisory, through to successul completion and collection of the final fee!
• Comfortable in an ever-changing environment
• Strong entrepreneurial
• Highly motivated
• Commercially minded and a tough negotiator
• Someone who remains technically strong in respect of the above duties (modelling, valuations)
• Hard-working, not afraid to put in long hours to be successful
• Very presentable
• Intelligent, persuasive and charming in person
• N.B. Happy with frequent travel within Africa
This role is at Principal level, therefore seeking circa 8+ years' of relevant experience (either Internationally, or within Africa)
Deal types will cover anything from Telecoms, farms, retail, healthcare, energy, and beyond
The business has circa 80 staff in SA, and 220 cross-continent
Please get in touch to find out more!