Head of Insights & Analytics
Consultant Megan Prosser
Date posted 15 May 20192019-05-15 2019-07-14 banking 3 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters
A new opportunity has arisen for a Head of Insights & Analytics, at a leading Corporate Bank. The role sits within Client Services, and has a very strong focus on Continuous Improvement and Process Improvement.
The role reports directly into the Head of Client Services, with a dotted line into the Head of Customer Experience and Digital (CX)
This is a brand new role in which you will be able to make an impact on both Client strategy and data strategy, very quickly. Through gathering client insights and identifying “pain points” across products, channels and media, you will generate a list of client needs to be met or fixed by Client Services teams. In this way you will exceed the expectations of current clients and attract new potential clients!
The bank is confident that they have the best products available on the market, now they want to differentiate themselves through creating a “best-in-class” client service and customer experience, which leaves clients both happy and crucially, loyal and dedicated to their brand alone.
- Utilisation of real time data to “map, analyse and improve” the client experience
- Production of insights and analytics for the Corporate Client Journey
- Creation of suitable tools or systems to produce insights and analytics
- Identification of suitable data sources to feed into the Client Insights
- Continuous improvement of processes (via Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma, etc)
- Development of “client personas”
- Translation of Client Service strategy into roadmap for implementation
- Circa 10 years’ experience in Banking, Management Consulting, Insurance or Telecoms, inclusive of 5 – 8 years’ of leadership experience
- Background can be Banking (Retail or Corporate preferred) OR in a large Consumer/Commercial brand (i.e. non-Financial Services)
- Experience in coverage could be beneficial, but not a necessity
- Background as a BI Manager could be beneficial, but does not need to be as technical as “Data Science” per se (since you will have access to a team of Data Scientists for your usage)
- Proven track record of using data and client feedback to identify pain points in client journeys
- While the role has no direct reports initially, you will be encouraged to build your own team
- Understanding of “As Is” and “To Be” processes, in relation to customer journey
- Comfortable with the management of large data sets
Whilst all candidates are encouraged to apply, priority will be given to applications from EE candidates, in line with the Bank’s EE strategy