Salary ZAR550000 - ZAR750000 per annum + performance bonuses
Consultant Taryn Stephen
Date posted 09 May 20192019-05-09 2019-07-08 banking 3 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters
A successful and growing Big 4 Banking Group is looking to appoint several Private Bankers at major cities across South Africa (Johannesburg – North, East and West, Pretoria, Durban and Cape Town).
About the role
As a Private Banker, you will be responsible for a portfolio of High Net Worth Clients and for acquiring new clients, with the objective of understanding and addressing their financial needs.
- Revenue generation – manage the growth of an active customer account base, achieve sales targets and achieve an acceptable cost of sales ratio
- Financial advice – engage with clients to understand their unique financial requirements and advise on best options for product integration and wealth management. Ensure that the quality of advice remains high and consistent with the Group’s investment philosophy. Maintain expert product knowledge and ensure product, service knowledge and advice are technically accurate
- Provide clients with a high level of customer service to ensure customer satisfaction and retention
- Drive adoption of digital and other self-service options across client base
- Compliance management – ensure compliance with relevant statutory, legislative, policy and governance requirements. Maintain expert knowledge on relevant legislative amendments, industry best practices and the Group’s internal compliance procedures and requirements
- Business intelligence – help improve business decisions by providing accurate and reliable information together with analysing trends and data
- Cost management – manage costs in line with approved budgets and prioritise resource allocation to minimise and reduce wastage
- Cultivate and manage stakeholder relationships, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members
- Collaborate closely with relevant business units and maximise cross-selling opportunities
- Personal development – identify effective activities to address own development gaps and create own development plan
Minimum required qualifications and experience:
- Relevant degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting
- FAIS accredited (RE 5 acquired)
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a client facing role, with a background in investments, corporate finance, private banking or related advisory services.
If you meet the above minimum requirements and would like to join a team of dynamic Private Bankers, then please apply today!