Senior Financial Analyst (CA+CFA)
Consultant Taryn Stephen
Date posted 17 October 2016
An exciting new role for a Senior Financial Analyst has become available at one of South Africa’s leading Vehicle and Asset Finance providers. Reporting directly to the CFO of the division, this role offers the unique opportunity to combine financial reporting and business strategy and insight.
About the Senior Financial Analyst role
The Senior Financial Analyst will be regarded as a strategic business partner within the area, and is ideal for an out of the box thinker looking to provide innovative solutions to business problems.
- Financial modelling of business cases for potential ventures
- Bridging the gap between theoretical finance concepts and practical business aspects
- Development of profitability models on a customer level
- Interaction with sales staff to assess product profitability, and advise on strategic business direction
- Driving ROE targets, measuring price elasticity and providing insight between maximising returns and growing volumes and the impact on the cost base
- Data analysis to inform strategic decision making and communicating results in a simplistic matter
- Review of financial results, reports, recons, annual financial statements and other reports produced by financial managers
- Forecasting of financial performance and scenario analysis to provide strategic insight
- Driving the annual budget process through consideration of the overall market, economic climate and the areas performance based on these factors
- Benchmarking of areas performance against key competitors
- Championing ad-hoc projects
Qualifications and experience required:
- CA (SA) + CFA
- Min 2 years post articles experience
- Preference will be given to EE candidates
If you meet the above requirements, and would like to join this innovative environment, please apply now!