Salary ZAR500000 - ZAR600000 per annum
Consultant Megan Roberts
Date posted 18 October 20192019-10-18 2019-12-17 insurance Johannesburg Gauteng 22 Oxford rd, Parktown ZA ZAR 500000 600000 600000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
As Compliance Specialist you will be responsible for all regulatory, governance and compliance matters for the relevant BU. Previous experience within the Insurance field is essential.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure that the business is compliant with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and standards.
- Show strong knowledge of the Short-Term Insurance Act, Long-Term Insurance Act, FAIS, FICA, POPIA etc and use this knowledge to implement relevant business processes.
- Implement changes in legislation
- Assist with the drafting of Compliance Risk Management Plans
- Coach and train necessary staff on legislation and regulations
- Maintain FICA Business rules
- Conduct Compliance monitoring reviews
- Prepare compliance reports
- Communicate effectively, the impact on business units that compliance changes has.
- Review operational transactions to determine the compliance with regulations
- Identify compliance irregularities
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge on governance and regulations by attending educational workshops.
- LLB or relevant qulification
- RE1 and RE5
- FAIS compliance officer advantageous
- Member of CISA preferred
- Minimum 3 years' experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Insurance acts
- Have excelent communication skills