Head of Corporate Sales
Consultant Ashleigh Cloete
Date posted 20 November 2023sandton banking-financial-services/capital-markets 2023-11-20 2024-01-19 banking Sandton Gauteng ZA Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An international bank based in Johannesburg is seeking a Head of Corporate Sales, to join their Financial Markets team, to assist in building and leading a high-performing sales team, driving strategic relationships with clients, and contributing to the overall success of the Financial Markets products.
As the Head of Corporate Sales for Southern Africa, this pivotal role involves overseeing and directing the financial markets business in the region. In this leadership role, you will be responsible for leading a dynamic sales team, setting a tone of excellence, and building a culture that values collaboration and innovation. Contributing significantly to the growth of the business, you will collaborate with internal stakeholders and corporate banking teams to achieve set objectives. Working closely with designated clients, you will adopt a partnership approach to understand their needs and promote the suite of Financial Market products. Success in these areas will not only contribute to the growth of the business but also reinforce the commitment to ethical conduct, risk management, and regulatory compliance.
Key qualifications for the Head of Corporate Sales:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in finance
- Honours or master’s degree in finance or business administration is ideal.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Corporate Sales
- Extensive experience in financial markets
- Experience in Client Coverage
Key duties and responsibilities of the Head of Corporate Sales include but is not limited to:
- Build and lead a sales team with clear objectives, focused on business goals, and implement a robust succession plan.
- Develop and enhance client relationships through marketing and sales of Financial Market products.
- Collaborate with Relationship Managers and other colleagues to understand prospective clients' business needs and establish effective engagement strategies.
- Foster cross-asset and cross-border collaboration for enhanced client service and returns.
- Drive client engagement for Return on Risk-Weighted Assets (RWA) optimization.
- Collaborate with the team to achieve set objectives.
- Engage clients and internal stakeholders continuously.
- Achieve individual targets for client portfolios, contributing to unit and regional financial targets.
- Work closely with corporate banking teams and other stakeholders to provide a partnership approach to designated clients.
- Maintain a high-quality dialogue with Financial Markets support functions.
Risk management and governance:
- Ensure operational risk management and reporting are integral to business processes.
- Monitor client trading limits and seek approvals for any excess likely to arise from specific transactions.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Monitor major risk issues and concentrations, taking remedial action where necessary.
- Assess the effectiveness of the arrangements for governance, oversight, and controls.
- Collaborate with local regulators openly and cooperatively.
Key personal skills for the Head of Corporate Sales:
- Proficient in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
We want to hear from you if you're seeking a purpose-driven career as a Head of Corporate Sales within an international bank that celebrates unique talents and values diversity.