Finance Data Specialist
Salary ZAR11134890 - ZAR13704480 per annum
Consultant Megan Prosser
Date posted 28 February 2019 2019-02-282019-04-29 accountancy Sandton Gauteng 1 Merchant Place, Rivonia Rd, Sandton, Johannesburg, 2000 ZA 2000 GBP 650000 800000 800000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za
My client, a leading Investment Bank is seeking a Finance Systems Accountant with a strong track record in both Accountancy and Data (Data Systems), to join their Central Investment Banking Finance Division.
The new Finance Systems Accountant will be responsible for looking at the flow of funds through in-house Investment Banking systems, and for analysing the reconciliation data in particular (pertaining to gaps in data or inconsistencies in data). My client is looking for a candidate who will take responsibility for multiple end-stage reconciliations to ensure a consistent output between the ledger and the underlying transactions.
If you enjoy: innovating for accuracy, producing data analytics to gain stakeholder buy-in, removing complexity from antiquated data systems, increasing simplicity across the deal flow from input to reporting, then this is the role for you!
The Team is responsible for finance data management, finance data design, and finance data use. Data Accuracy will be paramount across the whole trade lifecycle, from trade capture, to trade processing, to IFRS compliant trade ledger, and final trade reporting.
• CA (SA) with an IT background, or subsequent IT experience
• Big 4 Background preferred, especially if coming from one of the IT Advisory arms
• Or a BCom Honours Graduate (Accountancy only) with a strong flavour for Data, SQL, Qlikview etc.
Suggested years’ of experience
• Newly-qualified to circa 3 years’ of experience for a CA (CA(SA) 2016 – CA(SA) 2019 suggested)
• Graduates from circa 2015 onwards
• Experience of SQL, SAS, and Qlikview (minimum, other systems will be considered)
• More advanced IT skills such as coding, Python, VBA and visualization
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel
• Understanding of POPI, AML, FAIS
• Experience of Data Analytics
The ideal candidate:
• Strong Financial/tax and regulatory knowledge (in order to classify and recognise data)
• A logical thinking pattern (process re-engineering)
• Data Warehousing and Transformation
• Experience of Accounting rules into Oracle/FICS ledgers
• The ability to work at the appropriate level of detail (not getting too lost in the detail, easy to do)
• Ability to identify cost/benefit improvements
• Strong relationship management
• Ability to navigate around in-house systems
• Experience of Fund data flows would be an advantage
• Project Management/Business Analysis skills an advantage