Actuarial Team Leader
Consultant Tembi Macingwane
Date posted 03 July 2022johannesburg banking-financial-services/actuarial 2022-07-03 2022-09-01 financial-services Johannesburg Gauteng Africa > South Africa > Gauteng > Johannesburg ZA Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An opportunity for an Actuarial Team Leader has risen at an Insurance firm within retail corporate actuarial. Role Purpose: The successful candidate will be actively involved in the production and analysis of results. You will be looking after the valuation of the Recurring Premium Savings products within the group. The main outputs includes IFRS earnings, EV earnings, SAM earnings as well as the SCR and other regulatory calculations.
Key duties for Actuarial Team Leader:
- Valuation model development as well as process improvements
- Managing team members as well as individual team members output required
- Engagement with business units to implement product upgrades as well as other requirements
- Ad-hoc engagement with external auditors as and when required
- Resolve valuation issues with support from business as required
- Deliver on service level agreements made with clients and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed
- An actuarial degree or equivalent required.
- Required to have at least completed all CT exams and CA1.
- Good progress with ST exams preferred.
- Extensive knowledge in Prophet (or similar valuation software) as well as SQL is required.
- Previous experience with recurring savings type products would be an advantage
- 2 – 3 years of experience in as a Senior Actuarial role is required.
- 1-year management experience (preferred).
- 3 experience in the financial/insurance industry (preferred).
- At least 2 years of relevant experience within life valuations.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: JohannesburgDate posted: 04 August 2022A well-established organisation, based in Johannesburg, is seeking an Immediately available Procurement and Accounts Payable Manager to oversee both the accounts payable and procurement functions, for a 3 month Fixed Term Contract.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: JohannesburgDate posted: 27 July 2022A leading global Financial Services organisation, based in Johannesburg, is seeking a strong, upbeat and enthusiastic Process Excellence Analyst that is able to work with people across multiple locations. Coupled with being a strong leader who can coach and mentor, you will also be expected to get into the details if need be. You will focus on driving continuous improvement and work closely with the local and global Operations teams.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: GautengDate posted: 01 July 2022An opportunity has risen for an exceptional Wealth Manager with a huge interest in markets and investments (Offshore investments). The Wealth Manager is needed at a Financial services firm. The ideal candidate will need to have discipline, sound academic ability, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work within their own personal and professional networks to build up a portfolio of clients who are confident to invest in the services provided.
Salary: ZAR600000 - ZAR800000 per annumLocation: JohannesburgDate posted: 24 June 2022A leading global Private Equity firm, based in Johannesburg, is seeking an Investment Analyst / Private Equity Research Analyst, to analyse, research, and conduct early stage valuations of deals and opportunities. This organisation is currently expanding, and as such is looking to hire a Private Equity Research Analyst to take pressure off of the Deal Executives by performing back office duties that assist them in making accurate decisions as well as saving time. An analytical individual who is highly focused and has the ability to work meticulously with large volumes of financial data, is the type of candidate most suited to the role. It presents an exciting opportunity for driven individuals looking to join a growing organisation and assist them in taking this growth even further.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: JohannesburgDate posted: 12 May 2022A leading Asset Management/Private Equity firm, based in Johannesburg, is currently seeking a Finance HR Accountant. This is a dynamic and innovative business with blue chip investors and in addition, you will be a part of a top performing Finance team.