Location Cape TownFULL_TIME
Consultant Mavis Filifana
Date posted 02 August 20192019-08-05 2019-10-01 financial-services Cape Town Western Cape Parc du Cap 6, Mispel Road, Bellville, Cape Town ZA 7530 ZAR 350000 500000 500000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Actuarial Specialist role will produce the various quarterly deliverables required from the Corporate Actuarial area, including Embedded Value calculations, liabilities, analysis of surplus, budgets, cash flow projections and sensitivities for both IFRS and SAM reporting. The role will have a key focus on the production, analysis and reporting of financial results of the various Group Retail products.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Quarterly liability, Embedded Value and Value of New Business calculations, including an analysis of the changes from one quarter to the next.
- Ensure compliance with Group practices and time-lines.
- Ensure that the parameters used in the valuation are accurate and the results are reasonable.
- Assist the Head of Actuarial Function in the fulfilment of his/her duties through regular reporting and review of results.
- Collaborate with business to resolve any matters arising from the quarterly valuations, e.g. the need to re-price products.
- Assist with the identification and implementation of process related improvements.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must have an Actuarial degree or equivalent.
- Good progress with the CT series subjects of the Actuarial Society of South Africa (or equivalent body) with at least 4 exemptions.
- 1 - 3 years relevant experience required.
- Experience in the Corporate Actuarial / Life Office valuations environment.
- Good knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to adhere to the values of the Group.
- Be results driven, take initiative and be collaborative.
- Strive for excellence.
- Must have business acumen.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to cope under pressure and with setbacks.
- Adapt & respond to change.