Location Cape TownFULL_TIME
Consultant Mavis Filifana
Date posted 02 August 20192019-08-05 2019-10-01 accountancy Cape Town Western Cape Parc du Cap 6, Mispel Road, Bellville, Cape Town ZA 7530 ZAR 350000 500000 500000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The purpose of this role is to produce the various deliverables required from the Corporate Actuarial area, including Embedded Value calculations, liabilities, analysis of surplus, budgets, cash flow projections and sensitivities for both IFRS and SAM reporting. The role will have a key focus on the development and refinement of projection models and the processes required for quarterly valuations.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the actuarial models used in the production of the company's Retail financial results – including but not limited to:
- Reserving calculations on statutory and reporting bases
- Embedded Value calculations for in-force and new business
- Analysis of Surplus and change in Embedded Values
- Solvency Capital Requirements (SAM/CAR)
- Asset-liability modelling
- Ongoing review, validation and optimisation of the modelling and valuation processes.
- Keeping actuarial models up to date with legislative and/or regulatory requirements and changes (both locally per country and internationally), e.g. IFRS17, tax, solvency requirements such as Solvency Assessment Management (SAM).
- Providing ad-hoc support to the Product Analytics team.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must have an Actuarial degree or equivalent.
- Good progress with the CT series subjects of the Actuarial Society of South Africa (or equivalent body) with at least 4 exemptions.
- 1 - 3 years relevant experience required.
- Experience in the Corporate Actuarial / Life Office valuations environment.
- Good knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to adhere to the values of the Group.
- Be results driven, take initiative and be collaborative.
- Strive for excellence.
- Must have business acumen.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to cope under pressure and with setbacks.
- Adapt & respond to change.