Salary ZAR1300000 - ZAR1500000 per annum
Consultant Megan Roberts
Date posted 26 October 2018 2018-10-262018-12-25 insurance 3 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
The purpose of this role is to assist this particular business with business decisions, promote innovation and assist with development with actuarial models.
As lead actuary, Valuations is going to form a major part of your role and prior experience in insurance is particularly important.
- Produce valuation results of all schemes including embedded values, reserves, investment returns and return on capital results.
Supervise and guide the production of experience investigations including persistence, mortality, expense and data investigations.
Provide strategy support to the business
- Manage all actuaries within the team
- Ensure compliance with regards to all governance procedures
Ensure the business is aware of all the capital and reserving requirements. Manage the timing and expectations of valuation results within the business units.
Produce budget reports and financial reports where relevant
- Product Development: develop product specifications defining product and process design
- Develop underwriting rules
- Oversee a small team of product development
To apply, candidates must meet the below requirements:
- Qualified Actuary
- 10 year's experience in in Insurance within the Actuarial Space
- Valuations experience
- 5 year's Management Experience