Location South AfricaFULL_TIME
Consultant Margaux Chaix
Date posted 03 November 2018 2018-11-032019-01-02 financial-services 3 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
My client is a Big 4 looking for several Audit Managers for their Assurance practice based in Mauritius. They audit many of the world’s best-known companies having operations in Mauritius and many other organisations from small private entrepreneurial business to large listed entities. A career within their Assurance Line of Services (LoS), will provide you with the opportunity to gain experience in a range of Audit services including external audit, internal audit and financial due diligence. In this position, you will also have a key management role on Assurance assignments where you will utilise and further develop your knowledge and skills.
We are looking for Managers and Senior Managers to support our Assurance Line of Service.
As Manager or Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
· Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Partners;
· Be involved in the financial management of clients;
· Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients;
· Contribute to the development of your team's technical acumen;
· Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges;
· Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team;
· Train, coach, and supervise team members;
· Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues;
· Resolve and escalate issues, which may put the firm’s reputation and brand at risk;
· Analyse complex ideas and proposals to build meaningful recommendations;
· Add value to clients’ account planning;
· Manage expectations of clients and act on their feedback.
Essential skills and Qualification
· CA or equivalent
· Experience operating as a Manager in a similar environment
· Knowledge of IFRS, and international standards on auditing is essential
· Ability to manage the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
· Strong analytical skills and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
· Ability to innovate and add value to clients and projects
· A proven track record of compliance with quality standards and an ability to balance an efficient and compliant audit
· Ability to manage and monitor engagement budgets and financial performance
· Ability to spot opportunities to add value to clients and work with colleagues in other lines of service to help clients find solutions to the challenges they face.
· Experience of fee negotiations and negotiating scope changes with clients.