Consultant Mavis Filifana
Date posted 31 July 20192019-08-05 2019-09-29 accountancy Johannesburg Gauteng 6 St Andrews Street, Parktown, Johannesburg ZA 2193 ZAR 500000 800000 800000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Financial Accountant role will assist with providing the financial accounting function for the entities managed by the Group.
The successful candidate will fulfil the following job description:
- Monthly general ledger preparation; reconciliations receivables and payables.
- Oversight of financial assistant and posting of month end journals, supplier invoices and tenant/customer invoices.
- Accountable for all daily, monthly and quarterly accounting processes and procedures.
- Cashbook updates and bank reconciliations.
- Record keeping of financial data.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal, company and financial accounting guidelines.
- Responsible for year-end audits.
- Implementing appropriate processes and controls around requisitions, expenditure and payments.
- Prepare, complete and submit statutory returns.
- Maintain statutory, secretarial and regulatory records.
- Responsible for VAT returns submissions, maintenance and reconciliations, tax submissions and correspondence.
- Review of payroll for certain entities of the group.
- Assist the Head of People of the group in certain areas of remuneration, management information and related issues.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have CA (SA) qualification with two or more years as a financial accountant.
- Experience with Sage and other accounting systems.
- Must have consolidation experience.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles
- High level proficiency in MS Office