Retail/FMCG Finance Manager
Salary ZAR500000 - ZAR800000 per annum + Market-related
Consultant Megan Prosser
Date posted 11 October 20192019-10-11 2019-12-10 financial-services Sandton Gauteng ZA 2196 ZAR 500000 800000 800000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
My client, a leading Investment Bank and Private Equity Firm with a strong Retail, Supermarket & Fast-foods presence within South Africa and pan-Africa, is seeking an FM with a strong FMCG or Retail background, and no less than 2 years' experience (either CA PQE, or working experience in a related role), to work in their head office. In this crucial role, you will have oversight (dotted line) of the work of a team of Finance Administrators, so a track record in direct or indirect management would be valuable.
The Group, acquires leading supermarket, FMCG, fast-food and other retail brands, and this Retail/FMCG Finance Manager will be central in managing the financials for those investments.
The role boasts excellent progression in a friendly, down-to-earth team. High standards and a strong attention to detail are a must.
- CA(SA) Qualified ideally
- If not, SAIPA or SAICA articles would be considered
- If not, relevant career experience and a min. of BCom/ BCom Honours in Accounting
Years' of experience
- For this role, no less than 2 years' of relevant experience, or min. 2 years' PQE, will be considered
- Candidates must demonstrate a background within the FMCG industry or Retail Services industry (either recent or previous)
- This may include: Consumer packaged goods, food and ingredient processing , breweries, wines & spirits, soft drinks, cosmetic products, household goods, convenience store, fast-food or supermarket chains
- Debt Collection & Debtor's balances
- Liaison with 3rd party payroll
- VAT reconciliation and VAT returns
- Reconciliation of petty cash
- General ledger responsibility
- Fixed Assets register
- Trial Balances
- Monthly management accounts
- Tax and other statuatory legislation (PAYE, VAT, APS, Border Tax, Namboard and Dairy Board)
N.B. While the role is based in Sandton, you will be required to travel extensively within South Africa for the first few months, and then at least 1 week in every 4 as the role develops. Please do not apply if you are not comfortable with these travel requirements.
This Retail/FMCG Finance Manager role reports directly into the Group Finance Manager
I look forward to receiving your application!