Consultant Zahraa Mahomed
Date posted 14 March 20183 Lower Road Johannesburg 2193 Robert Walters South Africa
A leading subsidiary of a multinational organisation is currently looking for a seasoned Finance Manager to be based in Durban.
Minimum qualification and experience required:
A recognized Accounting Degree
10 years’ relevant experience, must have previously worked in a Finance Manager role
Supervisory or management experience
Experience analyzing, interpreting & integrating financial data
Key responsibilities of the Finance Manager:
- Ensure that the financial reporting is compliant with US GAAP and is consistent with the practices and policies of Lubrizol.
- Prepare statutory accounts in accordance with SA GAAP (IFRS).
- Sign off the quarterly representation letter for LZ South Africa.
- Validate the monthly financial reports.
- Review the quarterly and year end reporting package.
- Review the legal documents and notes to shareholders.
- Coordinate the work with the external auditors.
- Liaise with all line managers and assist them with the necessary finance support.
- Manages the level of liquidity and day-to-day financial operations of the company and takes appropriate action which allows for monitoring of cash inflows, banking status reports, accounts receivable summaries, foreign currency exchange transactions.
- Co-ordinates submission of the companies’ annual manufacturing, sales and capital expenditure budgets in consultation with responsible line managers and managing director.
- Monitors foreign exchange dealings, pays the parent company for product supplies, and keeps the parent company accounts payable as low as possible.
- Monitoring and determining cash flow projections (liaising with the Sales and Operations Departments).
- Buying foreign exchange based on supply/demand and cash flow calculations.
- Prepare the tax returns in accordance with South African tax legislation.
- Review the tax reporting to LZ corporate.
- Manage the tax audits in South Africa in coordination with the European tax manager.
- Be responsible for selection, the communication and the set-up of ad hoc tax projects in close cooperation with the European tax manager.
- The individual will also be over seeing inventroy and supply chain.
Please note that this is a EE role. Shoulkd you meet the above requirements please click on the link to apply.