Consultant Wesley Rowles
Date posted 23 November 2016
This entrepreneurial IT SME based in Centurion is in search for a Executive Director of Finance and Business Support who would be accountable for all financial and related management and reporting aspects of the company, providing sound financial advice and strategic support to the Managing Director and complete management of the Business's Support Units. Please note that this role is a 3 year fixed term contract position.
Context of the role:
This IT company is an entrepreneurial SME that prospers by being agile and opportunistic. Whilst these critical characteristics must be guarded it also needs to operate in a regulated environment and comply with a multitude of seemingly entrepreneur unfriendly legislation. A key component of this role is to ensure that these conflicting requirements are met.
The Finance and Business Support Director will report to the Managing Director and need to work closely with the Executive team to ensure that the strategic objectives of the business are met.The candidate will also be required to play a role as a member of the companies board of directors.
The individual will be responsible for overseeing the management of the company’s support services i.e. Finance, Human Resources and Business Ennoblement which comprises of IT, Transformation, Office facilities to enable the MD to successfully focus on the functional areas of
the business (Sales, Marketing and Technical)
- Looking forward into the future through operational and strategic improvements. Forecasting company financial position and creating awareness of potential discrepancies and developing action plans.
- Meeting high standards of operational activities such as managing financial resources and debtors book, providing assistance in tender bidding and ensuring compliance to legislative requirements.
- Ensuring proper and accurate recording and reporting of business transactions to meet internal standards as well as for external audit purposes
- Provide first level legal oversight on matters such as contracts, NDA’s, standard terms and conditions
Business Support Management
- Ensure that the support functions of the company are run effectively and efficiently so that each department performs in terms of their strategic plan, developmental plan and operational plan objectives
- Serve as an executive member of the P1 board and assume fiduciary responsibilities in terms of the Companies Act 71 of 2008
- Contribute to the development of strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organisation.
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at select board of directors and committee meetings.
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the company’s stakeholders (clients, staff, management), finances and implement measures to control risks
- Taking responsibility for Board Governance and Administration
- This post would suit a qualified and registered CA (SA) with 5 years post articles , senior financial and business support management experience is a must
- Strong leadership capabilities. Strong management experience; working to maximise business growth and development opportunities
- Experience in managing processes for financial forecasting, budgets and reporting
- Must have previously been a part of EXCO or within a Senior Business support role
- Proven stakeholder and relationship management skills at a Board level
- Excellent judgement and creative problem solving skills
- Sound knowledge of finance, HR Management, IT technology management, the Companies Act, BBBEE
A full job description will be sent to candidate who meet the above requirements.