Consultant Wesley Rowles
Date posted 21 November 2016
An international FMCG manufacturing company based in Midrand Johannesburg requires a Finance Manager to manage the financial functions of the Strategic Growth Centre, in a few African Regions.
Key Responsibilities of this Finance Manager
- Ensure that the financial function conforms to CFP’s, GAAP and Local Accounting Standards.
- Negotiate and approve all company contracts together with Division/SGC Legal
- Improve margin/profitability by proposing timely Selling Price Increase after considering all external and internal factors such and exchange rates, cost increases and competitive actions.
- Prepare for Mid Year and Budget Reviews including testing all estimates for reasonable, accuracy, achievable and also they meet company goals and ratios.
- Ensure smooth monthly, quarterly and annual closing.
- Approve all Purchase Orders and payments.
- Prepare all quarterly and annual reports for SGC Finance requirements.
- Deal with all matters of Insurances, internal and external audits and taxes.
- Prepare Annual Statutory accounts and reconciliation with management accounts.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly payroll.
- Responsible for all IT function and support.
The Finance Manager also has the responsibility of meeting regularly with functional managers from the following areas:
- Supply Chain
- Customer Development Team
This position reports directly to the Finance Director, Strategic Growth Centre.
Qualifications and competencies
- Bachelor of Degree – MAJOR : Finance/Accounting
- The position for this Job requires at a minimum an accounting qualification such as CPA or ACCA.
- A Business Administration or MBA degree with concentration in Finance or Management is an added advantage
- Minimum 7 or more years of Finance roles.
Should your profile match the above requirement, do not hesitate to apply for this great opportunity to join a well known international company.