Group Financial Manager
Salary ZAR700000 - ZAR750000 per annum
Consultant Christian Bezuidenhout
Date posted 03 November 2016
A JSE listed business based in Johannesburg is looking for a Group Financial Manager, who will prepare and be responsible for group and corporate accounting, reporting, general ledger and consolidation.
The Group Financial Manager will be the Group advisor and develop and maintain appropriate accounting policies, processes and internal control systems in terms of International Financial Reporting Standards. Prepare Corporate and Group consolidated monthly management accounts, budgets and forecasts. Be the key contact for year-end audit and annual report preparation. Involvement at varying levels in acquisition or disposal related projects.
The Group Financial Managers Roles and Responsibilities:
- IFRS compliance.
- Preparation of monthly Group consolidation, dashboard and commentary – management accounts
- Preparation of monthly summarised financial statements for subsidiaries.
- Preparation of Group and subsidiary annual financial statements.
- Quarterly solvency and liquidity tests (dividend payments for subsidiaries).
- Custodian of Group accounting policies and procedures
- Integrity of the GL – monitoring correct use of GL accounts, opening of new accounts etc.
- Preparation of monthly Group Fixed Assets register
- Consolidation of Divisional Budgets, Profit Forecasts and Rolling Forecasts.
- Liaising with external auditors and JSE Sponsor
- Monthly review of balance sheet reconciliations – Corporate.
- Monthly preparation of Group Cash Flow
- Assistance with acquisitions and special projects and related accounting matters.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience:
- CA (SA), with 2 – 3 years post traineeship experience (Big 4 articles).
- Very strong IFRS knowledge.
- Knowledge of Integrated Reporting, Sustainability Reporting (SRI) and JSE Listings Requirements.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Accpac experience an advantage