Consultant Mavis Filifana
Date posted 11 September 20192019-09-16 2019-11-10 financial-services Sandton Gauteng 64 Weirda Road East, Sandton, Gauteng ZA 2196 ZAR 350000 700000 700000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.za https://www.robertwalters.co.za/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Overall Purpose of the Role: As an Operations analyst you will be working in the Operations team with key stakeholders to manage the effective booking; settlement and reconciliation of multiple products as well as to team play a vital role in the front to back trade lifecycle.
- Act as relationship manager working with business, other internal departments, external clients, securities lenders and the JSE.
- Key role to play during implementation phase of non-cash collateral for the derivatives market.
- Cover Exchange Traded Derivatives (ETD) process including booking, settlement and reconciliation.
- Settle corporate actions and dividends.
- Process Securities Lending and Borrowing.
- Cover collateral management tasks.
- Determine financing requirements and optimize where possible.
- Identify and recommend ways to improve processes, reduce risks, strengthen controls.
- Commit to a culture of continuous improvement centered on client service.
Skills and experience required:
- Must have Trade, Processing and Banking experience – preferably multi-national.
- Robust experience of ETD, Securities lending and borrowing, collateral management and corporate actions.
- Experience in Vendor management within the financial services industry.
- Passion for dealing with clients, strong numerical skills and a strong understanding of risk frameworks.
- Experience working with internal and external clients.
- Project management skills.
- Must be a team player, enjoy working in a multi-product environment and someone who is always looking to improve process and challenge the status quo.
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines and manage several priorities at once.
- Great communicator, able to build, maintain and enhance relationships at all levels.