Sensitive or special category personal data - during the recruitment process or in the course of the services we operate, we may collect personal data that is considered sensitive or special category in certain countries. We may be required by local privacy laws to obtain your explicit consent to handle this type of personal data. You will be provided with a consent form if your express consent is required. Please contact us if you have not been provided with a consent form and you believe we hold your sensitive or special category personal data.
In respect of candidates and users of Robert Walters Group websites, we also handle the following types of data:
The age at which an individual is regarded as a child differs per country. We do not typically collect personal data relating to individuals under 18.
2. How we collect personal data
We generally collect your personal data directly from you. For example, we collect your personal data when you:
- deal with us in person, by telephone, letter, fax, email or via our websites;
- register with us (e.g. at career fairs);
- submit any other information to us, such as a CV;
- complete psychometric assessments or other assessments;
- subscribe to job alert emails;
- subscribe to our publications;
- attend an event we have organised;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; and/or
- give us feedback.
We may also use the following third party channels to collect your personal data:
- pre-employment screening and background checking organisations where permitted in the jurisdiction;
- our clients and their third party suppliers;
- governmental and regulatory bodies, such as tax and social security authorities;
- third party suppliers, including other recruitment and employment agencies, job board providers and job aggregators and our managed service providers who are within our supply chain;
- other recruitment agencies;
- analytics providers, such as Google Analytics and various job boards; and
- communication platforms, such as Adobe Marketo, Cison and PR.
We may also collect your personal data from publicly available sources where permitted in the jurisdiction, including:
- your identity and historical data from social media sites, such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook;
- your identity and contact data from company and commercial registers or electoral registers; and
- your identity, from qualification and membership lists of professional bodies.
We allow you to sign up or login to a Robert Walters Group account with a LinkedIn, Facebook or Google account (“Social Media Account”) so you can use our online services simply and easily without having to create a specific account with us. If you choose to use this feature, we will process your name and primary email address on your Social Media Account in accordance with this policy.
3. How we use personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law permits us to, and the uses set out below will be subject to that requirement.
Your personal data will be collected and handled by us in order to:
- provide careers, recruitment and/or related intermediary services to or for you;
- match your details against job vacancies which we consider are appropriate for you in order to assess your suitability for them;
- allow you to submit your CV, apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts so that we can notify you when relevant job vacancies arise;
- apply for jobs on your behalf by sending your personal data to clients;
- facilitate the recruitment process if a client wishes to progress your application;
- fulfil our contractual obligations to our clients;
- inform you about any relevant industry developments, events, promotions and competitions, and to communicate any other relevant information;
- answer your enquiries or questions;
- conduct statistical analysis;
- monitor diversity;
- comply with our regulatory commitments;
- pursue or defend a legal claim;
- conduct pre-employment screening;
- prevent or detect a crime, where the law requires us to carry out such monitoring; and
- provide you with further information which may be of interest to you in regard to the employment market and opportunities.
Your personal data will be collected and handled by us in order to:
- improve our customer service and make the way we operate more useful to you (which includes tailoring our websites to suit your requirements);
- let you know about our recruitment services across all areas of our business;
- send you communications where you have indicated you are happy to receive such information or have purchased products or services from us, which may include the following:
- E-newsletters and hard copy newsletters;
- Emails about the services we offer and new product launches;
- Reminders when your products or services may be due for renewal; and
- Opportunities to participate in market research.
Depending on the contact preferences you select, we will communicate with you by post, telephone, SMS, email or other electronic means such as via social and digital media. We may use your usage data to help ensure that this messaging is personalised and relevant to you.
We will use your personal data purely for the purpose of conducting a reference check on a candidate.
Your personal data will be collected and handled by us for the purpose of preparing and processing your visa application and related immigration services.
4. Who your personal data is shared with
Subject to local regulations in the jurisdiction, we may disclose your personal data to:
- any company in the Robert Walters Group;
- prospective employers or engagers;
- other recruitment companies or intermediaries involved in managing the supply of personnel;
- data processors of the Robert Walters Group;
- pre-employment screening and background checking organisations;
- your referees;
- your past employers and relevant education institutions;
- your professional bodies;
- government and regulatory bodies, such as tax and social security authorities;
- third party suppliers, including other recruitment and employment agencies, job board providers and job aggregators and our managed service providers who are within our supply chain; and
- third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business structure, any new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this policy.
We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions, which includes compliance with this policy.
5. Legal grounds
In certain countries our companies that act as a data controller are required to establish legal grounds as set forth by applicable law to process your personal data. Depending on our relationship with you, if required to do so, we will rely on one or more of the following legal grounds: